[AccessD] Access 2k: Ghosts

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 5 07:19:52 CDT 2005

Well, I hate to sound paranoid, but is it possible someone's been hacking?
There's nothing in Access that would do this -- someone's told it to.

Do you have any routines that would display these filled in forms? Did you
create these forms?

Susan H.

How come clients always find buttons to press that the programmer didn't
think of?

I have a program for a chain of Sunbed Studios. Because the clients can buy
packages of "units of use" and have them in credit it is necessary to give
them a PIN No. as well as a Membership Number.

When they enter their Membership Number and press <Continue> a popup/modal
with one field, in password format, asks them to enter their PIN. The only
other thing on the form is <Continue>. Magically, it has been discovered
that if they press Left Arrow a box appears with their Membership Number
and, much worse, if they press Right Arrow the PIN Number appears in clear.

I am now nearly bald!

Anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

TIA

Chris