[AccessD] Visual Basic Express

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 5 13:34:55 CDT 2005

The biggest difference is in replication:

Configuring Distribution	Express: No	MSDE: Yes
Snapshot Publications		Express: No MSDE: Yes
Merge Publications		Express: No MSDE: Yes

Some replication features are available but only as a subscriber.

No SQL Agent, which is a pia. :(

On the other hand, Express isn't "optimized" :)

There are more, but I can't think of them.

Susan H.

Hi Susan

No I don't have it.
It is not this I'm thinking of:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/2005/productinfo/sql2005features.asp

- it's between 2005 Express and MSDE.

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at bellsouth.net 04/05 4:23 pm >>>
Do you have it? If so, in BOL, do a search on "feature comparison" --
there's a good list of the differences. If you don't have it, I'll retype it
-- it's on another system that's not networked.

Susan H.

What areas would that be?

/gustav