[AccessD] How to learn Access

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:19:29 CDT 2005

Depends on the person. Depends on their level of experience with
computers in general and other software tools such as Excel and or
Word. Is it a developer type person? Have they done other programming
before so they would be not uncomfortable looking at VB code modules?
Are they familiar with relational database concepts? How do they like
to learn? Do they like to be in a classroom environment or do they
prefer to learn on their own? What do they intend to do with the
knowledge after they get it? Are they going to create a full blown
application or are they just going to use it as another Office tool in
their bag of tricks?   How much time do they have to pick up these
skills?

The training info from the links look like they would probably work
well for a lot of people. $80 for the two of them though?  That's a
pretty big investment. I'd try the first before grabbing them both.
Depending on the person, something like an Access for Dummies book you
could get on Amazon for $15 would be a lot cheaper and might serve
just as good though. As evidenced by the activities on this list,
NOBODY knows everything there is to know about Access. You just need
to get to the level of knowledge where you know enough to get your
project done and where to go to look for the answers that you don't
know which you will bump up against pretty often.