[AccessD] Access and TaskManager

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:05:24 CDT 2005

What's the ODBC connection too? When I do ODBC to Oracle, Access sends
the query info to the Oracle system and the query is really run on the
server, not on the Access PC. So the Access PC just sits there waiting
for the server to send the results of the query down the pipe. Until
the server is ready, the Access PC just waits, hence the low CPU
utilization, it's just killing time. The way to speed it up is to
optomize the query that is sent to the Oracle engine - joining and
putting criteria on indexed fields and such.  Not much else you can do
I'm afraid.