When did you arrive at AccessD? (was RE: [AccessD] OT: FinallyMadeIt - Thanks)

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 8 08:01:20 CDT 2005

I don't remember exactly when, but I think I've been on (off and on) for
about that long.

When I started with Cobb in 92, we didn't have Internet access. Even after I
started using the Internet, all I really had available was CompuServe and
AOL and Cobb tried to create a rather large presence on AOL, and it worked
for a while, but as trends do, it eventually faded. Those were the days
before Internet Explorer even and I was using.. Dang... Netscape I think. :)
I was the only Cobbers that had regular and frequent chats and supported a
message board. It was good fun for a while. Once, the company had sponsored
this huge Cobb chat -- and all that showed up were Cobbers. In retrospect,
it's funny, but at the time, it was very disappointing for many. But for
some reason, the smaller Access chats always got a decent showing -- it went
strong for well over a year.

I think my interaction with AccessD probably came after that initial online
surge, but I'm sure there was some overlap there.

I never could get the hang of CompuServe.

Susan H.

I found the list back in 1996.