[AccessD] Access 2k: Was Ghosts: Embarrassment

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Apr 8 19:59:32 CDT 2005

On 8 Apr 2005 at 17:37, Chris Enright wrote:

> Oh Dear!
>
> Thanks Paul!
>
> I have to go public in case there are people pondering this problem.
>
> Imported the form from somewhere else. Never thought of select all,
> which brought up another couple of hidden fields in the background.
>
> How embarrassing!
>
> Very red faced,

Did you get my email:

It's quite simple.  Look at frmEnterPIN in design view.
In addition to the visible label, button and PIN textbox, frmEnterPIN has
two text boxes (Text9 and Text11) and a Rectangle (Box0).  You are using
the rectangle to set the background of the form and the two text boxes are
normally hidden behind it.

These text boxes have their Visible property set to True and their TabStop
property set to True. When you use the Tab key, you cycle through the
controls setting the Focus to each one in turn. When the focus is set to
Text9 or Text11, they are displayed in fromt of the Rectangle.

Solution:

1. Get rid of the Rectangle and just set the background colour of the
Detail section of the form to the colour you want.
2. Set the Visible property of the two textboxes to False.

 --
Stuart