[AccessD] Re: Trouble with SQL statemnent on two different machines

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Apr 10 20:18:02 CDT 2005

On 11 Apr 2005 at 11:07, connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.go wrote:

> I now know exactly where this is failing.. on the
> Max(Right[AuthorityNumber],5) As Number
>
> Is tehre an Issue with these functions when using an XP machine? I have
> copied the libraries and made sure all teh references match but it still
> fails when processing the SQL Statement.

Whenever you get a problem with String functions (in this case, I'd suspect
the "Right") not working, the first place to look is for a missing
Reference.  I'd suspect that you have a reference to a library which is on
your machine but not on the user's machine.

Open the code on the user's machine, go to Tools-References and see if
there are any problems.

--
Stuart