[AccessD] Using Sum to add total without duplicates

Randall R Anthony RRANTHON at sentara.com
Fri Apr 15 14:31:37 CDT 2005

Resolved, with code.  Rather than sum the erroramount, I created a field
in the groupheader_format that takes the first instance of each.  Then I
add it to an unbound field in the footer.  Works like a champ.

>>> RRANTHON at sentara.com 4/15/2005 2:19:52 PM >>>
I tried that, because the ErrorAmount is listed first in descending
order, and the claimid is listed second with grouping, this suggestion
did not resolve the problem.

>>> cyx5 at cdc.gov 4/15/2005 1:23:02 PM >>>
Create another grouping for the unique value; then show the detail.
Sum
up only the unique value and blow off the detail.