[AccessD] OT: VNC client doesn't display

accessd max at sherman.org.uk
Thu Apr 21 21:30:36 CDT 2005

Hi John,
I have only used it once and yes, it does us MSN Messenger and appeared to
be working ok.  The other replies to you seem to suggest it is the firewalls
and this might be why it is not working ok on Remote Assistance as well.
What I would do is to do a "System Restore" backup on both pcs and then turn
off all fire-walling and try again.  You would be vulnerable for a few
minutes but it would at least identify where the problem lies.  Like another
respondee, I also had a lot of firewall problems with Zone Alarm and finally
stopped using it.  I also had problems with VNC and Real VNC and stopped
using them as well.
Good luck
Max