[AccessD] Table of Names

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Fri Apr 29 07:17:20 CDT 2005

I am getting the fields from a form they complete. It is for a fire
permit. The contact is the Responsible Person Contacted. He might also
issue the permit (IssuedTo) to himself (IssuedBy).

Anyway, I have:
Main table (tbl_Permit) that has the ContactID, IssuedToID, etc.
tbl_Type - TypeID, NameType
tbl_PermitNames - PermitNamesID, PermitNames
tbl_NameType - NameTypeID, TypeID, PermitNamesID

Do I join each one from tbl_Permit (ContactID, etc) to tbl_NameType
NameTypeID?

I still don't see how to create it on the form & reports so the drop
down boxes will know which type it is?

As I understand it, Contact is just the name of the person to contact if
there are any queries about whatever it is being tracked. It is no
different
in essence IssuedBy etc.

===============OK -- you might be right -- certainly wouldn't want to
complicate the picture unnecessarily.