[AccessD] OT - Excel Find next highest number above 0

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Thu Aug 11 09:38:17 CDT 2005

To all,

I am writing out to an Excel sheet a list of our counters names and their count rate on a specific job (ordered by CountRate DESC) by specific clients (9 clients, one sheet for each).  What I need to do is get the percentage between the two extreme count rates ( (highest-lowest)/highest ) To do this I had an excel template which had the formula ( (MAX(D2:D10000)-MIN(D2:D10000))/MAX(D2:D10000) ) and thought this would do the job, however if we haven't got the count data the lowest value is 0 which results in 100%....
How can I find the next highest value to the 0, I can loop backwards up the column but thought I would ask just in case there is a much cleaning/better way of acheiving this...

Paul Hartland
Database Developer