[AccessD] Writing to an excel file

| Marcel Vreuls vrm at tim-cms.com
Tue Aug 2 08:58:49 CDT 2005

Lonnie,

I use the following function for all export to XL. The sql string you can
replace with query, SP or sql string with header information. The
objProgress is a progressbar you can replace with your own one.

Public Function fncExportNaarExcel(strSQL As String)
On Error Resume Next
 'ivm het eventueel niet aanwezig zijn van de exporteren query

    If strSQL = "" Or IsNull(strSQL) Then
        MsgBox "Er kunnen geen gegevens gevonden worden", vbInformation,
OopMsgboxHeader
        Exit Function
        Else

        Dim objProgress As New clsProgress
        Dim daodatabase As DAO.database
        Set daodatabase = CurrentDb()

        objProgress.ShowProgress
        objProgress.TextMsg = "Collect data..."

        daodatabase.QueryDefs.Delete ("Exporteren")

        objProgress.TextMsg = "Exporteren data..."

        daodatabase.CreateQueryDef "Exporteren", strSQL

        objProgress.TextMsg = "Start Microsoft Excel..."

        DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "Exporteren", acFormatXLS,
"c:\export.xls", True

        objProgress.HideProgress

        Set objProgress = Nothing
    End If