[AccessD] Problems with word Automation

Kim Wiggins kimjwiggins at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 10:35:29 CDT 2005

I am using
Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Do you think that could be the problem?
Kim

MartyConnelly <martyconnelly at shaw.ca> wrote:
Are you using early or late binding.
Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
or
Set objWord = New Word.Application
Funny things may happen with early binding if newer versions of word
installed and then uninstalled.

Kim Wiggins wrote:

>Hey everyone
>Hope all is well. I am not. I coded an automation report in VB6 using Word and it works fine on my work laptop and my laptop at home. But when I install it on the users computer, it gives me the standard application error and shuts down. It says "My_app_name has encountered an error and must close" and then it offers to send a report. Well that is flooring me because it runs in the development environment on both machines just fine.
>Can anyone think of anything that I am missing or overlooking?
>Thanks
>Kim

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.