[AccessD] Fw: ICE - In Case of Emergency

Tue Aug 2 13:23:40 CDT 2005

As a proud non-cell phone user ( who *needs* them!) I would suggest a much
simpler, lo-tech solution: carry a card in you wallet, right next to your
kidney donor card. No privacy problems, no need for the EMT to know how to
bypass your phone security, no batteries required.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:10 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] Fw: ICE - In Case of Emergency

I'm not arguing against it, but unless you have a way to expose just those
numbers, it also means you can't lock your phone.  A lot of phones only
provide that lock-bypass functionality for a single register, or sometimes
that plus a 911-type emergency number.  Personally, I have the police
department number in that register on my phone, which won't help emergency
personnel.

True, most people don't wear medic alert bracelets, even those who should.
It wouldn't be a bad idea if everyone who wears contact lenses or has
allergies or any other mild "condition" wore a bracelet.  It would certainly
simplify the lives of the EMTs, paramedics, and anyone else dealing with an
unconscious and unknown patient.

Charlotte Foust