[AccessD] Problems with word Automation

Kim Wiggins kimjwiggins at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 17:57:14 CDT 2005

Thanks so much Marty and Marcel for helping me to understand this better.  This is my first attempt at automation.  Unfortunately, I will not see this user until Saturday so I can't test it out until then but I will let you know next week if everything went well. Thanks

MartyConnelly <martyconnelly at shaw.ca> wrote:You are using late binding so you don't need any references set to Word,
which maybe causing the problem
It might be useful to have a reference if using intellisense or looking
at object browser
but you would remove the reference before deploying with late binding.
With late binding it will grab the highest version of word on the system
You might be using some esoteric part of word say using xml file
routines that don't exist
in Word 97, so you may want to check the version of word running to
avoid problems
with lower versions.

On Error Resume Next
' grab word if already running
Set objWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
On Error GoTo 0
' or if word not already running error Err.Number = 429 or
set to nothing
If objWord Is Nothing Then

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Debug.Print objWord.Version

' if Word 97 SP2 then Word Version= 8.0b
' Word 9 opens a separate window for each document.
' Prior to Word 9, all documents opened in the same window.
End If

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.