[AccessD] Access 2003 Reports Not Working

Nicholson, Karen cyx5 at cdc.gov
Fri Aug 5 06:57:29 CDT 2005

I seem to have two problems.  The first is that this user has no access
to the reports in the system.  She can open up forms, queries, etc.  But
the reports design view or preview is just not responding.  Then my code
for printing a report is failing.

I have found this one thing about the printing code but have not found
out if a solution has been discovered yet.  It has been a long week.

- Open Access 2003

- Create new database (2000 or 2002/2003 format)

- Create a report and insert a label in its Detail section

- Save the report as Report1

- Copy Report1 as Report2

- Open Report1 and insert Report2 in it as subreport

- Save Report1

- Create a form and use the wizard to insert a button which can open

Report1 for preview

- Go to VBE and navigate to the Click event of the button

- Change the following two lines

stDocName = "Report1"

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview

with this four lines

stDocName = "Report1"

Printer.PrintQuality = acPRPQMedium

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview

Printer.BottomMargin = 5

- Save form as Form1

- Open the form normally

- Click the button

- Here is the bug

I contacted Microsoft Italia (beacause I live in Italy). They informed

Microsoft Corporation which replied confirming it's a bug for Access

2003 and will be corrected in the future. They didn't tell if the

problem will be corrected with a specific patch or with Service Pack 2

for Office 2003.

You will not find any documentation in internet (neither in Microsoft

web site nor in MSDN nor elsewhere) until a correction will be

developed.

I hope this could help.