[AccessD] Adding pdf creation capabilities to distributed run times.

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Tue Aug 9 08:44:24 CDT 2005

If you have a need to switch from portrait to landscape within a document
test this out to see if it works with your chosen writer. I have had
problems with this in the past with various pdf writers.
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Murphy [mailto:dw-murphy at cox.net]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 6:07 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] Adding pdf creation capabilities to distributed
runtimes.

Folks,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the various pdf print
drivers that can be integrated with Access to output reports in pdf format.
I am interested in what any of you has experienced with using the CutePDF
SDK with an Access runtime.  We distribute a product as a runtime.  The
installation is built with Wise using the Sagekey scripts for Access 2002.
We have had good luck with this so far, but I would like to add a print to
pdf capability to the product.  The CutePDF SDK with unlimited distribution
as part of a product is interesting since the price is about one fifth of
other, similar products.  Do any of you know of shortcomings or problems
with using this product with runtime applications?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Doug