[AccessD] OT - Excel Find next highest number above 0

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Thu Aug 11 12:55:05 CDT 2005

Look at the DMAX and DMIN functions which allow for criteria  such as >0
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: paul.hartland at fsmail.net [mailto:paul.hartland at fsmail.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:38 AM
To: accessd
Subject: [AccessD] OT - Excel Find next highest number above 0

To all,

I am writing out to an Excel sheet a list of our counters names and their
count rate on a specific job (ordered by CountRate DESC) by specific clients
(9 clients, one sheet for each).  What I need to do is get the percentage
between the two extreme count rates ( (highest-lowest)/highest ) To do this
I had an excel template which had the formula (
(MAX(D2:D10000)-MIN(D2:D10000))/MAX(D2:D10000) ) and thought this would do
the job, however if we haven't got the count data the lowest value is 0
which results in 100%....
How can I find the next highest value to the 0, I can loop backwards up the
column but thought I would ask just in case there is a much cleaning/better
way of acheiving this...

Paul Hartland
Database Developer