[AccessD] How to Manage Maintenance Mode - Auto shutdown

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Aug 17 12:13:22 CDT 2005

The problem with that method is that if anyone leaves their FE open
overnight (always on) the task can never run.  The only alternative that I
know of is to have a form always open in every FE, running a timer.  The
timer tick can do one of several things, including just checking a table for
a shutdown flag and informing the user that a shutdown will occur etc.  In
the end though the form and its timer has to do the shutdown.

http://folding.stanford.edu/