[AccessD] Disconnected MS Access cient applications..

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 17 19:00:08 CDT 2005

Hi Shamil:

I have only (mostly) been using a style of disconnected ADO recordsets with
Access since 97-98. I use an Access FE for all sorts of DBs like Oracle/MS
SQL, MySQL* (*though it needs an ODBC connection :-( ) and even MDB (but
mostly just for temp files), singularly or in groups. The process is just so
fast, attaches through any reasonable connection and requires very few BE DB
licenses... clients save a bundle. I think ADO.Net is the same thing but
with an automatic transmission and slick features. It should eliminate a lot
of coding. M$ has finally, fully embraced this concept and I feel that is
where the next versions of Access are going.

This is all my opinion of course and not meant to insight a riot.

Jim