[AccessD] copy string to clipboard

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Aug 17 22:09:55 CDT 2005

On 17 Aug 2005 at 22:32, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> On 18 Aug 2005 at 12:28, Bruen, Bruce wrote:
>
> > This must! be simple.
> >
> > I have a string variable created by concatenating the values of
> > several form fields.  So how can I copy the value of this string to
> > the clipboard?
> >
> > Private Sub Command35_Click()
> >     Dim refstr As String
> >     refstr = "RCRef=|" & Me.ucref & "|" & Me.testname & "|" &
> >     Me.TestID
> > & "|"
> >     Debug.Print refstr
> >     Stop
> >     ':-( Runcmd accmdStickTheStringInTheClipboard :-(
> > End Sub
>
> It's an API call.
>
> Have a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0049.htm for the
> gory details.

I'm trying to dig up some code I have to do this - can't find it at the
moment. As Brian says, it's fairly gory. It needs  memallocs and deallocs
plus determining the correct datatype.

As a quick and dirty workaround, you may be able to put the string in a
control, set focus to the control and use Docmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy

--
Stuart