[AccessD] MDE question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Aug 18 08:27:21 CDT 2005

On 18 Aug 2005 at 9:16, John W. Colby wrote:

> Ahh.. OK, I did not know that.  That is not true for later versions correct?
> I.e. AXP does not even attempt to "convert" an A2K app to AXP so this isn't
> an issue, correct?

Correct.  AXP has no dificulty opening an A2K MDE.

> As for "having to start from scratch" on those amateur apps, believe me that
> is a blessing!

Don't I know it.  I' was just handed a new one yesterday to do some work
on:
Natural Keys, Fieldnames "Date" and 'Name" as well as included spaces,
tables not normalised, macros galore etc, etc. And this one was apparently
built for a government entity by an AusAID consultant!

 --
Stuart