[AccessD] Disconnected MS Access cient applications..

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Thu Aug 18 10:24:24 CDT 2005

William,

In fact this is an attempt to converge two Worlds.... And I don't mean USA
and Russia :) ...

It can be done almost transparently to your World, MS Access real life
programming World I mean...

No, I'm not talking about unbound vs. bound Worlds here - I have just said
this technique can be used by both these Worlds....

What is important to note I think is that MS is moving to "disconnected
World" (had moved in fact at last in .NET).
MS is moving also into "decoupled and highly cohesive "intelligent" objects
World" - and programming in such environment is very different experience...

...and it may become real World with the next version of MS Office/MS Access
(although I doubt it - to make MS Access working with ADO.NET they need to
have .NET Framework preinstalled on all the target PCs, which could be a
problem until W98, W2K, WinXP, which do not have native support for .NET
Framework are here and supported by MS (I can be wrong).)..

Yes, I know no need to care now probably about these coming changes.
When they will become reality then we will take care of that.
I undertsand this position.
Although with not that much efforts MS Access coupled with disconnected
ADO.NET World may become nowadays reality...

And when MS comes with their solution the transition could be almost
effortless and transparent because the current trend is rather clearly seen
as others answered to this thread approved...

Shamil