[AccessD] Ajax and Atlas with XML

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 18 11:27:33 CDT 2005

Ah,  I knew why I didn't look at AJAX and ASP.Net 1.0 way back when.
It is a lot easier to do now with ASP.Net 2.0 but it is still Beta 2.0

ASP.NET V1.0 and V1.1 have no explicit support for this technology
ASP.NET V2.0 contains out-of-the-box support for asynchronous client
script callbacks
and provides a fairly simple way to register the callback methods,
invoke them, and handle any associated errors with RaiseCallbackEvent
However the xmlhttp request object does have a deferred callback.

 From this months Simple Talk The journal for Microsoft technology
developers and DBAs

Asynchronous client script callback for ASP.Net 2.0

http://www.simple-talk.com/2005/08/10/asynchronous-client-script-callbacks/

Asynchronous Web Service Calls over HTTP with the .NET Framework using
ASP.Net 1.0
Old ASP.Net  1.0 method complicated and falls over in certain situations

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service09032002.asp

This article gives good diagrams on asynch/synch methods
Jesse James Garrett
http://www.adaptivepath.com/publications/essays/archives/000385.php

--
Marty Connelly