[AccessD] Disconnected MS Access cient applications..

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Thu Aug 18 11:31:08 CDT 2005

Jim,

I did also work disconnected but mainly bound way since MS Access 2.0.
This wasn't my wish - customer wanted that, or I'd better say they did have
a spec where diconnected mode was used, then they decided to use MS Access
2.0 as a development tool and then they found myself and I have had nothing
to do that implement this disconnedt mode in MS Access 2.0. It worked well.
Then I worked as a small team manager here and we used disconnected bound
solution with MS Access 97 for a big accounting project etc.

>  I think ADO.Net is the same thing but
> with an automatic transmission and slick features
ADO.NET and .NET Framework allow to implement this mode in a tiny framework,
which can be used from within MS Access or other applications. This isn't
possible with ADO - or I'd better say it's a complicated and time consuming
task if ADO is used.

> M$ has finally, fully embraced this concept and I feel that is
> where the next versions of Access are going.
My bet they will have that not in the next version of MS Access but the one
after it :)

Thank you for your sharing of your experience in this area and for your
opinion!
Shamil