[AccessD] Control codes to a printer

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Aug 25 07:33:42 CDT 2005

Hi John

Are you sure you need to do this?
Can't you set the printer to auto cut?

I've never seen the syntax Stewart presents, neither a method for
sending hex (control) codes to a printer from Access.
However, this page may help you:

How do I Control an Epson Receipt Printer with Visual Basic?
http://www.posworld.com/eprecprinvis.html

It demonstrates the use of a special "Control font" which doesn't print
but transforms some chars to some hex code sequences.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 24-08-2005 23:29 >>>
I need to send a series of hex characters to an Epson receipt printer
execute the cutting.  Hex characters are 1d 56 42 20  The printer is
TCP/IP
so I have an IP address stored in a table and hidden in a form that is
open
when the print command is executed.  This is a Win98 environment.
Does
anyone already have something similar.