[AccessD] How to find missing DLL's

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 15:56:54 CDT 2005

Thanks Marty!!!
The "If all else fails..." option is the one I chose.
Thanks again.

MartyConnelly <martyconnelly at shaw.ca> wrote:
What version of Office is he running, if 2000 replace reference 10.0
with 9.0 or if 2003 10.0 with 11.0 versions.
Did he do a full install of Office or a selective one. ie. installed
access but skipped excel or parts thereof.

Also if using
Dim objFD As Office.FileDialog
Set objFD = Application.FileDialog(msoFile­DialogFolderPicker)
This wont run in Access 2000 and I think in 2002 MDE

Replacing the dll's is very iffy because they may need a cascade of
other dll's to function

If all else fails you can use the open file dialog api calls from
www.mvps.org/access
and read the excel file via ado or late binding calls

Lonnie Johnson wrote:

>I created a database for a friend that gets data from an excel file.
>
>I added two references...
>
>1. Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Libray (for apparent reasons for my statement above)
>2. Microsoft Office 10.0 Object Libray (in order to show a Open File Dialog Box to allow them to pick the excel file to pull into the app)
>
>He does not have these references on his machine. Should he re-install MS Access, the entire MS Office or get the DLL's from somewhere and put them on his machine? If he needs to get them and put them on, what does he get? I cannot see the actual file name because the path is too long in the references box.
>
>Thanks.
>

>May God bless you beyond your imagination!
>Lonnie Johnson
>ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
>Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us

Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.
Canada