[AccessD] OT: Zip files (was Logic issue)

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Aug 25 17:16:55 CDT 2005

That's a tough one for sure.

If policy is to allow encrypted files get through then I would hope that
there are still local anti-virus scanners installed on all workstations and
that the message that goes with the non-scanned encrypted attachment would
instruct the user to update the local virus signature files before opening
and decrypting the attachment.

About the only other way to handle it is to divert it to a "safe machine"
and make the person open it there. That goes over like a lead balloon with
mgt. Though.