[AccessD] Field Sizes

dmcafee at pacbell.net dmcafee at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 29 12:38:57 CDT 2005

I "was" kidding when I said to make them all varcahr(8000). I tend to use
50.

I prefer Varchars to chars, unless when dealing with a specific charcter
length datatypes.

Char's tend to pad the vales with spaces. So if you have a field titled
fname,

a varchar(50) would store the name Joe as "Joe"
a char(50) would store the name Joe as "Joe
"

I tend to sometimes forget to RTRIM() my chars when selecting :(