[AccessD] Re: How to Manage Maintenance Mode - Auto shutdown

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:53:12 CDT 2005

Hello All,
 Thanks for your replies on this thread, you gave me what I was looking for
- some opinions.
 I have not worked on it yet, but I did notice that yesterday, the app had
not been used since midnight and I was looking at it at 10:00 am, so an
element of Johns auto logout will probably be required, in conjunction with
an activity monitor, as this app is used for production support, it is not
possible to request a logout.
 The timer and auto logout are OK, but what I have to contend with is the
user attempting to log back in, this will have to be handled elegantly, or
as an Indian guy I worked with recently says "I will have to fine a graceful
solution to this"
 I thought the graceful was slight out of context for day to day language,
but I thought it wonderfully apt.
 Thanks again for all your time, I always appreciate it.
 Mark