[AccessD] Tracing the source data

Rick Nelson RickN at NelsonTech.com
Thu Dec 1 11:49:28 CST 2005

OK, since you answered my dumb question about replying to posts, I'm
gonna try it here...does seem like black magic, though...<g>

I've been a big fan of Rick Fisher's Find & Replace forever (12
years?) - I think any serious Access developer should have it in
their toolkit.  But for what you want to do, I suspect the FMS Total
Access Analyzer is the best - haven't used it in a couple of years,
but it has a cross-reference capability that's darned good.  I think
it's a bit overpriced these days, but probably still worth it.

Rick Nelson

At 11:26 PM 11/30/05, you wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:22:29 -0500
>From: "John Colby" <jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com>
>Subject: [AccessD] Tracing the source data
>To: "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"
>         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
>
>I have a database I am trying to trace the data for.  Every form has a table
>/ query.  If a query, what queries/tables are used in that?  If any queries
>used in that query, what queries are used in that.  IOW, for FormA exactly
>what queries and tables are required for that form, all the way back down
>through all the subqueries etc.  Same for reports.
>
>Is there anything out there that does this for a reasonable price?
>
>John W. Colby
>www.ColbyConsulting.com
>
>Contribute your unused CPU cycles to a good cause:
>http://folding.stanford.edu/

Rick Nelson
Nelson Technology Associates
Danville, California