[AccessD] Use form field for IN statement in Where clause

O'Connor, Patricia (OTDA) Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
Mon Dec 5 13:14:57 CST 2005

In an Access 97 database

I have a case type field in a reference table that may contain 1 to 11
values depending on what cases are used in a particular report
   examples  report 1221 has this type  11
             report 1321 has these types 11,12,14,16,17

The field is placed into a hidden text field on a form called
[Forms]![FrmBicMoSel]![txtSelCriteria]

The called query currently uses this field in the where statement this
way

(InStr([Forms]![FrmBicMoSel]![txtSelCriteria],[tlkpXrefDescID].[CaseType
])>0))

I would like to be able to use it with an IN statement
[tlkpXrefDescID].[CaseType] in([Forms]![FrmBicMoSel]![txtSelCriteria])

But it does not like this - how can I get this to work - I think there
is a function but I can't seem to remember it right now.

Thanks
*Patricia O'Connor
*Associate Computer Programmer Analyst
*OTDA - BDMA
*(W) mailto:Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us
*(w) mailto:aa1160 at otda.state.ny.us
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.