[AccessD] OT: Is My ASP Covered

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 18:28:05 CST 2005

Went to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/SQL Server 2005/Biz Talk Server 2006 product launch gala in Anaheim yesterday and walked out with a copy of each.  Thought I might try to learn .Net and convert the Sleep Advisor to a web app.

I had a 1:1 talk with an MS tech who advised for my application 1) use SQL Server Express, 2) Reporting Services will give me the functionality I need to duplicate the Access reporting.

In any event the fine print on the back says to use Reporting Services I need ASP.NET 2.0 or later.  Is this hidden somewhere on my system or is that an a la carte purchase?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
http://www.e-z-mrp.com