[AccessD] Access + SQL Server 2005

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed Dec 21 11:15:46 CST 2005

Well, SQL 2K5 is out, and I'm looking at the Express version.  It has 4Gb
storage, no workload governor, uses essentially the same Manager as full SQL
2K5, and of course it's free of charge.  On the other hand, you can't use
the Query Designer in an ADP.

I have no experience using Access + SQL, but with the release of SQL 2K5 I
figure it's time to move up.

I have some general questions, especially for you folks who've been 'in the
know' for quite some time now:

    Is it possible to use an ADP with SQL 2K5?

    If using an ADP is possible, what would be the pros/cons of using an MDB
FE vs. an ADP FE with SQL 2K5?

    Is using A03 better than using AXP as a FE for SQL 2K5?  If so, why?

    Any other known issues for discussion?

I hope this starts a discussion over the next few days, and that everyone
has a great Holiday Season!

Thanks,
Dan Waters