[AccessD] Append Update records process

John Eget joeget at vgernet.net
Fri Dec 30 17:47:39 CST 2005

Anyone

I have a table "tblPA" in a database and have imported the same file from another database.  So now I have "tblPA" and "tblPA1".  The tables have 4 identical fields called "Added Date", "Added Time", "Date Modified", and "Time Modified".

I would like to append/update the "tblPA" by adding the new records from the "tblPA1" and append/update the records of "tblPA" if the table "tblPA1" has a later modified date and time.

First, I think I need to delete the records that need to be appended/updated from "tblPA" and then just add the records from "tblPA1" that are new.

If anyone has an example of this and is willing to share it, I would appreciate this.  Or if someone can point me in the correct direction, it would be appreciated also.

Thanks again

John