[AccessD] Outlook 2003

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Fri Dec 2 17:19:13 CST 2005

>To change the mail folders, you need to switch to the Folder List view. At
the bottom of the treeview of Mail Items, there should be an icon that looks
like the folder icon. Select that and the Favorite Folders should disappear
and you will see a treeview of all the Outlook folders including all you
mail folders.

That worked.

>To change the Grouping, select the Mail Folder, from the menu select
View->Arrange By and deselect "Show In Groups". As far as I know, you need
to do this for each folder separately, since you can have a different
setting for each Mail folder. If anyone knows how to do this universally,
please let me know.

That's correct, you need to do this happy horse**** to each and every
folder.  Can you say "brain damaged children"?  What moron....

Upgraded a perfectly functioning Outlook XP.  (That would be me.  Sigh!)

Unless there is some huge reason to keep 2003, I am thinking of uninstalling
and reloading the XP (2002) version.  This 2003 version is simply moronic.

http://folding.stanford.edu/
I had the same problem with Outlook 2003 but there are some things you can
do to improve the views.

To change the mail folders, you need to switch to the Folder List view. At
the bottom of the treeview of Mail Items, there should be an icon that looks
like the folder icon. Select that and the Favorite Folders should disappear
and you will see a treeview of all the Outlook folders including all you
mail folders.

To change the Grouping, select the Mail Folder, from the menu select
View->Arrange By and deselect "Show In Groups". As far as I know, you
View->need
to do this for each folder separately, since you can have a different
setting for each Mail folder. If anyone knows how to do this universally,
please let me know.

Hope that helps.

James Barash