[AccessD] Why Change Field Size/was Change Field Size

Jürgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:22:26 CST 2005

A review of the thread shows that at the time I raised the objection to
Drew's practice, the page size record size rextriction was news to a number
of developers.

There is no reason one can't set the default size to 255 provided the
developer handles the error that arises when the page file limit is exceeded
without loss of entered data.  You might be surprised at the developers who
trusted to luck, were unaware of the limit or had forgotten about the
limitation.

I handle the error by dumping excess text in a memo field for all records
that have more than 7 text type data fields that permit 255 characters.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta
jwelz at hotmail.com