[AccessD] Why Change Field Size/was Change Field Size

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 5 19:51:10 CST 2005

...dearest Charlotte ...the question posed was "my practice has been to
default to 255 unless there was a specific
need to define a smaller one, since with Jet, afaik, you pay no penalty for
doing so" ...and you suggested that was sloppy programming ...I of course
disagree ...as do others here of long standing.

...as to why I would include a field when I don't know its length, I'm
pleased to see that there are some so prescient as to be able to read not
only their client's present mind but his future as well ...I do try but they
tend to use their mind shields against me, eh :)

William