[AccessD] Excel to Access

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 7 10:32:35 CST 2005

John,

 I've had problems the other way to.  Had a text field in Access with a
store number in it.  One record had

'01010'

another

 '1010'

 Two different stores (customer's data; so don't ask<g>) Upon export, Excel
would ignore the text data type and treat the column as a number.  As a
result, the first record would end up with the leading 0 removed. Thus I'd
end up with two records with 1010

  You really need to watch what you do with Excel when you import/export.

Jim.