[AccessD] FW: Excel to Access

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Dec 7 17:51:46 CST 2005

On 7 Dec 2005 at 16:03, DWUTKA at marlow.com wrote:

> Outlook Web Access.  A web version of Outlook that comes with Exchange
> Server.  It works fine.

Just spent most of the last week installing SBS 2003 and Exchange Server
2003 but we didn't need web access so I didn't look into it.

> It does reply too, just list emails have 'both'
> addresses, so reply sends it to the sender, not the list.

Which is wrong!

List mail contains the following headers:
Sender: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com

as well as the From: address

RFC 2822 states:
   The originator fields also provide the information required when
   replying to a message.  When the "Reply-To:" field is present, it
   indicates the mailbox(es) to which the author of the message suggests
   that replies be sent.

Yet another case of MS's email division ignoring the RFCs and screwing
things up.

--
Stuart