[AccessD] Checking For Lastest DLL

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Thu Dec 8 13:44:58 CST 2005

Paul,

You can't deregister/register ActiveX DLLs while your application is
running.
Therefore you have to write a utility to check presence/absence of the
certain version of .dlls,  which should start before your apps start.

You can use this code to collect DLL version info
http://www.devx.com/vb2themax/Tip/18983

The rest is clear.
Don't forget that project compatibility and even binary compatibility have
be preserved and that preserving binary compatibility for VB6 ActiveX DLLs
is a tough task sometimes - they get screwed such compatibility from time to
time...

Of you plan to use Win32 .DLLs ie. not ActiveX ones?

HTH,
Shamil