[AccessD] OT: Is My ASP Covered

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Dec 8 23:27:27 CST 2005

I believe the idea is that you deploy against the version you build
with.
If MS release a new version it cant break something in a previous
version.
New versions get added and hopefully don't break existing code, chews up
a bit of disc space
but who cares?
No more dll hell.  If that's true it works for me.
We shall see...

cheers

Michael M

Given that there's 2.0 should be an upgrade from 1.1, wouldn't it make
sense to be able to run 1.1 apps on 2.0? But alas.

2.0 release candidates had compatibility issues with other .NET (&1.1),
not sure if they fixed that before the actual release though.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by
understanding."
-Albert Einstein