[AccessD] Non MS Tools

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 10:11:44 CST 2005

On 12/10/05, Joe Hecht <jmhecht at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I know some of you roll your own tools. (Looking towards JC)
>

> Having no life on a Friday night, how many of you buy, use
> or otherwise acquire development tools.

Depends on the size of the tool for us.

For example (outside of Access):

Recursive directory searching - Rolled ourselves.
JPEG Image Compression - Intel IPP Library
TCP/IP Library - Made myself because I got a little too ambitious.
Looking back might have bought.
Digital Camera API Library - Bought from Camera Manufacturer.

I generally look at it as if it is going to cost at least half of what
it costs to buy it for me to just program it, then might as well buy
it, as when debugging comes around, it'll probably end up being the
same, and their library will be more stable.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein