[AccessD] OT: How To Learn VS 2005

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 19:50:10 CST 2005

On 12/11/05, Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software <bchacc at san.rr.com> wrote:
> Well, after spending some time at the bookshelf I got a Sams book "Teach
> Yourself Visual Basic .Net 2003 in 21 days" (Holzner) -  probably take me
> 121 but it looks pretty step-by-step - kind of like the Balter book I used
> years ago to get into Access.

That should provide a good starting basis. You've probably already got
almost all of the "Design" knowledge from Access that you'll need.
It's just a matter of learning how to do the stuff that Access handled
for you auto-magically and then learning the full syntax of .NET and
VB versus VBA.

Let me know how it goes. I'm looking to expand my languages into
something towards .NET, and maybe even delving further into VB.
--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein