[AccessD] selected table import from another backend

Darren DICK darrend at nimblesystems.com.au
Fri Dec 16 18:49:49 CST 2005

Hi John
Try something like

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "Microsoft Access", _
"C:\My Documents\SomedB.mdb", acTable, "TheNameOfTheSourceTable",
"WhatYouWantTheSourceTableToBeCalledInthisdB"

Also where it says acTable you can insert
acForm if you want to import a form
acReport if you want to import a report

Also where it says acImport you can replace with acLink if you just wann link
rather than import
The import/link thing has its pros and cons

One Pro for linking is you always have the latest data (Assuming the linked
table is in some live and active dB)
One con for linking there may be (significant) speed issues, depending on
network, NICs,The dB setup, if it's a full moon etc etc
And of course vice versa

See ya

Hope this helps

Darren