[AccessD] Upsize?

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Dec 20 00:13:32 CST 2005

Hi Jürgen,

When faced with the same problem I went dynamic.  Every other option just
as you say looks ugly.
I never found a good alternative, no one has offered one this time either.
It seems to me that in situations like this the 'developers' go with dynamic SQL, the dba's moan ;-)

cheers

Michael M

Michael:

With variable joins, do you point somthing like a list source of search 'hits' to different queries, one query for each join, or how do you handle variable combinations of joins?  Lets say there is 1 table that may be joined to 0 to 5 other tables in various combinations, being 32 possible querydefs.  I've always constructed the SQL in code and was very satisfied with the performance.  Add another table and you're up to 64 querydefs.
That's ugly.

Ciao
Jürgen Welz
Edmonton, Alberta