[AccessD] OT: Memory Lane. IBM Key Punch

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Dec 30 11:20:45 CST 2005

>   http://www.columbia.edu/acis/history/029.html
I did work with that device for several years when preparing my programs on
Assembler, PL/1, Cobol, Fortran to run on IBM 360 and 370 (Soviet clone)....

...IBM 360/370 Macro Assembler is the best programming language I have ever
seen! Real power nuke development tool for real programmers! :)

>   The Perils of JavaSchools
>   http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/ThePerilsofJavaSchools.html
I like most of Joel's writing but this last one is arguable - I can't agree
that understanding recursion and pointers is a heavy stuff - IMO modern real
life programming is a way more complicated than recursion and pointers.
Maybe I didn't get what Joel meant. Either I didn't like Java (not because
it doesn't have pointers) - C# rules! :) (C# is on second place after C++ of
course :))

Shamil