[AccessD] Calendar Software Search - Revisited

Keith Williamson kwilliam at ashlandnet.com
Thu Feb 3 16:23:48 CST 2005

Hi All....I'm trying again on the Calendar issue.

I wouldn't think this would be so hard...but so far it has been impossible.
I need a calendar software that links to Access.  The major criteria are:

1)  Must have monthly display format (ie.  various daily tasks/events
display, in summary, on the monthly layout);
2)  Must handle multi-day scheduled tasks (ie.  enter begin and ending date,
it reflects on calendar);
3)  Would like to have different color for priority tasks/events;
4)  Must allow me to edit the tables and add forms for additional
information, when drilling down on a daily task;
5)  Basically look like MSOutlook, but when drilling down on the daily
event, get custom forms that I can create/edit.
6)  Must allow for direct data input to calendar tables (I don't want to
have to import/export)

What I need to do is have the ability to display (in a monthly format)
multiple events on a daily basis, that I can drill down on to get additional
detail.  The reason I don't want to use Outlook is that I want to be able to
do calculations on the detail behind the events.  The purpose is for my
business.  We do a LOT of craft shows on weekends.  Typically, this time of
the year, I am evaluating all the different events for the year.  I schedule
them all out, and start doing cost/benefit analysis on them.  I literally
have hundreds to choose from...and plan on doing between 30 - 40
events......but want to have the information for ALL available (that I know
of).   On any given weekend, I could have anywhere from zero events to
choose from, to 5 or 6 events ( in the long run it could be even more.)  I
need to store information about past history of the event (if we did it in
the past....such as booth fees, attendance, sales, maybe weather, mileage to
the event, travel expenses, etc.)  I need to be able to see all the possible
events for the month....so each day would need to be able to auto-expand if
there are more than the standard 4-5 lines of events for that day.  I also
want to be able to just set the duration of the event, and have it auto-fill
the event for all the days.  It is very important that I can see the whole
month, at a glance.  Then drill down on the detail.  I envision a check-box
that I can select which event (or more than one event) for the day...which
might change the color for the event on the month-view.   This way...I can
basically select all the events I am interested in....an apply for them.  If
I can't get into one that I wanted....I can go back to that weekend, and see
if there are any other events I might be interested in.  Once the events are
selected...I can effectively budget sales and costs for that segment of the
business, for the year.  I can also use this to develop employee
schedules...as I would know when I needed additional coverage in the store.

If anyone has any idea where I can buy such a product...PLEASE, PLEASE let
me know.

Many thanks,

Keith E. Williamson