[AccessD] Help with Code

Terri Jarus jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
Sun Feb 6 14:41:03 CST 2005

SECOND ATTEMPT (without attached sample file)
I apologize for not knowing how to do this on my own and appreciate any
help I can get.  I have a table of data - one field named "Name", a
second field named "Text" and a third field named "ContractID".

The TEXT field is a memo field.  What I really wanted to do was to
create a crosstab that has the Contract ID as a row, the Name as a
Column Heading and the TEXT appearing under the appropriate name.
However, crosstab won't work with a memo field.

The data under NAME is confined to 23 distinctive items.  For example,
one would be ACCESS CRITERIA, one would be CONTRACT BENEFITS, etc.  So I
thought to create a new table with each of the NAME items as a field
heading. Then writing a row for each Contract ID (another field heading)
and the assigned TEXT to the appropriate NAME.  Hope that makes sense.
I just don't know how to write the code to do this.

Small sample data file can be sent on request.  As is always the case,
I need to get this going ASAP.  Any help or pointing to something
similar would be greatly appreciated.

You guys rock!

Terri Jarus
Vice President, Contract Services