[AccessD] Loading FE to user network drive

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Tue Feb 15 11:59:16 CST 2005

I have an odd request from one of my department heads. They have
inherited an Access 2K program, from an external agency they were
working with, and they want me to install it. It has a FE and BE, but
they are saying that some of the users of this program will be at
multiple computers. They don't want this on every computer. So,
they...and I guess I am as well...wondering if there is a problem
personal drive, which is a directory on the network, under their dept.
directory that only they have access to, in most cases. We have a Novell
net, if that makes a difference.

I know this  will use more space, but it is a small FE and it really
isn't that big an issue here. Are there any caveats to beware of?

Thanks!

John W Clark